Sunday, September 19, 2010

Camaret France

Camaret, affectionally called the “Riviera of Brittany” by my shipmate Ros, is a sailing mecca on the western coastline of France.  Numerous waterfront cafes line the street facing the packed marinas.  This touristy town is a popular get away destination for the French.



Trying to communicate with restaurant staff who speak only French, and I only English, was a challenge for both.  I find it  helpful to smile big to ease the tension.  When I asked about the WiFi sign on their window, all I got in return were confused looks from restaurant staff.  After playing a game of charades in an attempt to get my point across, there was laughter when they finally understood my inquiry.  With a grin on her face the waitress answered, “Yes, Wee Fee”.  Guess I need a crash course in French if I am going to survive in this land.







1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time. I'll be headed for Spain and the Bay of Biscay Monday 9/27. I know we will be sharing the same weather.

    ReplyDelete